Tuesday, February 26, 2008

X-rays confirm it

I am officially OLD at 39, the x-rays came back with the answer I knew would be there. Osteoarthritis, I am officially old before my time. So I am going to be taking Glucosamine for the rest of my life since my body doesn't want to produce enough or enough where I need it. I will be having the ultrasound on my foot done tomorrow as that is still a niggling problem I have, not as bad as it was when I went to the doctors nearly 2 weeks ago (that's how long it took to get in!) but still there. When did my body decide to go south? Is there a place I can trade in my parts?

I'm also feeling a little sorry for myself as my puppies are sick also because of the contact with the shelter where we are getting our other family member from, its hard to think that we made them sick because we wanted another dog. Molly our Border Collie x has been vomiting all night, think I overdosed her on the Benadryl, I couldn't help it, she kept on spitting it out. She seems fine now and isn't vomiting anymore, thank God, maybe I can get some sleep today to make up for the sleep I have lost over the last 2 days.

1 comment:

Kek said...

Aww, sorry about the arthritis, Sue. But you know, it isn't an old people's disease - most adults will begin to develop it in their 30s. I have it in my spine, but does it bother me or stop me from doing anything? Nope.

You need to do everything you can to stop it progressing though, so good nutrition and weight-bearing exercise are vital. In case you need another reason.... :)

Get onto fish oil as well as the glucosamine, eat lots of green leafy stuff, drink lots of water...you know the drill.

Hope you're feeling better. it sucks when problems pile up on you.