Tuesday, February 03, 2009

a new number



That's right, I called DHS yesterday and 6 has become 4! I think this is totally amazing considering that they would have been closed over the Christmas break and on the 1st of December 08 we were still number 6. Don't get me wrong, very happy to be now 4.

If only birthdays could go backwards like these numbers, I would be very happy.

The only thing that worries me now is that I know that the dogs are going to pose a problem. The powers that be do not like dogs/animals in the house which is the way we live with our 3 dogs, 2 cats and 3 snakes. I have gotten out to the habit of having the dogs sleeping in the bedroom which I battled for a while there but now to have them out all the time, I don't know. I do know that if I start now I won't feel like such a liar when they ask me about the dogs but still how do I start?

Not to mention that Dazza has now decided that he would like to be a sub contractor for his friend this week so threw in his full time, paid every week job for this sub contract thing. I am a little bit worried about this. But wasn't I the one that said not to hold your breath waiting for the things you want in hopes of having/getting a baby, that life must go on? I will just have to cope with this and make sure that we can cope on this financial journey to never never land.

Is anyone else self employed who has gone through/going through the adoption process? How did it/is it going for you with the adoption approval process? Was there anything different that you had to provide for this?

I am really talking myself out of this aren't I? Just need to take a breath and commence breathing, maybe I need yoga and some stress relief.................

1 comment:

nothingfancy1 said...

Fingers crossed and hoping everything works out!