Sunday, April 05, 2009

Interesting comment

So yesterday my mother in-law, sister in-law and niece came for a visit. They appear to love my Chinese take out place.

So that interesting comment comes from my sister in-law who says:

Sis in-law: So Dazza tells me that your 3rd in line for the adoption thing

Me: yeah, that's 3rd until we get a social worker assigned to do the home assessment

Sis in-law: OK, so when you know that they are coming, let me know so that I can come and help clean things up

Me: yeah, we have to finish the painting in the back room, hopefully have the carpet down, if not we have to clean up between the tiles and the floor boards ..........

Sis In-law (with mother in-law nodding along): well that's easy stuff I mean clean the house

Me: blank look

Is it just me or does that sound like she thinks my house is dirty? Does she think we live in filth or something? We do have 3 dogs for good sake, there will be dirt in some places. My dogs live inside, I know not everyone likes that but comeone, we have no babies to have to worry about.

By the way, we are still 3rd in line.........

2 comments:

twondra said...

I would've been upset with that too but I seem to take everything personally. I'm so sorry you had to hear that. ((HUGS))

La La said...

Oh grrr. Yes, that would upset me too. I'm sorry sweetie. I know homestudies take FOREVER. Hang in there hun. ((hugs))