Monday, March 23, 2009

is it just me

Or do others get depressed reading adoption stories?

I have borrowed some books from the library in the past, the one I have at the moment is The Lucky Ones which is about people telling their stories about adopting from China, but after reading the first one or two, I have to put the book down because I find myself getting depressed. I guess its just that it seems so far away for us that I feel its never going to happen.

The same thing happened when I read books on IVF, I know that it doesn't happen for everyone, we are living proof of that, but reading others stories whether successful or not, just depresses me.

Just thought I would throw that out there and let it just be......................

1 comment:

La La said...

No, it's not just you. And even though I have been very blessed and I have my girls and my Bean on the way - I *still* get jealous and/or depressed when I hear about it coming so easily to others. I know I have no right to be upset anymore - but once you go through infertility, it's always with you I think.

((hugs))