Saturday, December 19, 2009

A little update

Mum's still in the hospital but after 2 trips in Intensive Care, I am glad to say she has been in a ward for a few days now and seems to be coming on really well.

Today we walked to the cafe which was a good walk for her.

Still no sign of when she will be released, each time they do a test they seem to find something new. Her blood sugar seems to be stabilising which is great but she is back on IV antibiotics and they have restricted her fluids to 1500ml a day which includes 600ml for the IV and flush. She is not impressed.

The nurse told me today that if she is off the IV she may be able to have day leave to come home for Christmas day so that would be good. Have to catch the doctor when he is there to find out.

The wound that the nurse created on the back of her leg seems to be healing and not leaking a great deal of fluid any longer which is good as I could see a new infection coming on.

She now has pneumonia, actually that doctor stated that she has 'raging pneumonia', which is why she is back on the IV.

She has made such a great improvement from 2 weeks ago, I can't believe I was nearly going to have to say goodbye to my mum forever on that Tuesday night. I'm not ready for that and don't know if or when I will ever be ready for that farewell.

Thanks again everyone for your well wishes and prayers.

No comments: