Tuesday, September 04, 2007

New Job

So you have probably wondering if I fell off the earth as I have been gone for a while. Well here I am. I left my old job on Friday, it was sad to see the end of that place but exciting that I can make a fresh start with better hours :-)

New job commenced on Monday, lots of new people from diverse back grounds. Not sure yet whether my experience in the energy industry will be a help or a hindrance as they do definitely have a different way of doing things. I am still in the mind space of us and them and unfortunately I am finding it hard to include myself in the them. But we will see how that goes, can't see why I wouldn't be happy.

On the weekend I was asked to groom 3 dogs for a work, ex work colleague, I was scared as this was my first paying customer! I only charged $50 for the 3 but nicked one of the dogs and because I panic, I got Dazza to take the dog to the vet, I don't know if they stitched just to satisfy the crazy lady on the phone, (that would be me!) but the puppy cot 2 stitches on the belly. $153.65 later and I was down $103.65 for the experience. But as Dazza says 'its all experience'. They weren't the easiest dogs to do, they were mattered and I don't know how often they are clipped but boy, fully hands on.

I haven't done much in the way of diet or exercise, especially after being ill the other week. I have mainly been having soups and finding that I am satisfied with just that, I know it's not the best diet but its all the head stress I feel I can cope with at the moment. Exercise consists of walking to the train station or bus stop and walking around the city daily so my incidental exercise has increased which is lucky because that's all my exercise at the moment. I've been quite tired but I am getting up much earlier and getting home later but it's good that Dazza picks me up on our way home.

Well that's it for me today, I have got to get ready for bed, 5.30am tomorrow, and everyday of the week....................

2 comments:

Sienna said...

Hey, glad to hear you are happy in your new job! It always takes a bit of time to fit in... don't expect to be 100% comfortable right away, it may take a bit of time to get to knowe everyone! Don't worry about the dog, I'm sure he will be fine!

ms_attitude said...

Good to see you back Sue. I always find it does take a few weeks to settle in to your new work environment, suss the people out, just chill and it will all work itself out.
:-) Caroline