Friday, October 09, 2009

update on the counsellor

Well yesterday I saw the counsellor for nearly 2 hours, she was really nice and I felt bad being short with her on the phone. Before we actually got into the interview we met up in the reception area (she doesn't work at the government department) so we had a chance to talk 'off the record' so to speak so she got to see that I was a normal well adjusted person before the interview actually begun.


After me letting her know how disappointed I was that I was even there for this, we had a chat about what they had concerns about. It turns out that I think she is one my side (famous last words huh??) and she thinks that she only needs to see me one more time and to think about how I handle conflict so that we can talk about that. She believes that I am a well adjusted person who knows how to handle her emotions and keep them in check. She sees that I am a compassionate person and can show empathy, which I already knew of course.


So on the 19th I will see her again and that's it. Hopefully back on track with the assessment.


On a more worrying note, Daz tells me last night that he has had in the back of his mind for a while that if we do have a child, when the child is 5 he will be 50, he's now 45. And when the child is 10 he will be 55. He is worried that he will not be able to do the things he wants with a child like skateboard, ride bikes and so on. I tried to talk to him about it, i.e. so you think that within 5 years you will be old and cripple, could not do not a thing? He 's reply, well no but, I said, how old is your dad? He thinks late 60's, he is still running is own business, active at his holiday home which he is always building things, takes his grand kids with him, he would go go-carting is his butt would fit in a go-cart, he never really did skateboard but he did drag race professionally in Aus and he would again if he had the chance. Yes he had an aneurysm but he got over it and back to work when we thought he would die, if anything he is stronger, he doesn't look his age except for his greying hair which thank God he has stopped dying black.


I think I settled him down, but did advise that he cough badly at night in his sleep which actually lifts him off the pillow so thought he might consider cutting down, especially if he wants to chase his kids and keep up on the skateboard ramp :)


Now kindly Chelle from babybeanmom.blogspot.com has nominated me for an award, which I thank here for so he goes.



Rules

1. You Can Only Use One Word!

2. Pass this along to 6 of your favorite bloggers

3. Alert them that you have given them this award!

4. Have Fun!


The Fun Part

1. Where is your cell phone? bag

2. Your hair? tied

3. Your mother? special

4. Your father? stubborn

5. Your favorite food? mexican

6. Your dream last night? sleepless

7. Your favorite drink? coke

8. Your dream/goal? baby

9. What room are you in? computer

10. Your hobby? knitting

11. Your fear? baby

12. Where do you want to be in 6 years? mother

13. Where were you last night? shopping

14. Something that you aren’t? painful

15. Muffins? blueberry

16. Wish list item? carpet

17. Where did you grow up? Australia

18. Last thing you did? supermarket

19. What are you wearing? casual

20. Your TV? off

21. Your pets? many

22. Friends? crazy

23. Your life? simple

24. Your mood? good

25. Missing someone? melissa

26. Vehicle? silver

27. Something you’re not wearing? socks

28. Your favorite store? bunnings

29. Your favorite color? blue

30. When was the last time you laughed? Yesterday

31. Last time you cried? today

32. Your best friend? daz

33. One place that I go to over and over? store

34. One person who emails me regularly? jody

35. Favorite place to eat? anywhere


Recipients:
Mrslala
Mandy
Emma
mks4249
tammy
over the rainbow
batty nurse

4 comments:

twondra said...

Thanks for the tag. :)

I hope things work out. My hubby has also mentioned that he'll be "old"...yet he just loves kids that it doesn't bother him too much. :)

Chelle said...

I am so glad to hear that the first session went so well. That is great news.

Poor Daz. 50 isn't that old, especially today. He will still be able to be active with his kids and have fun. I'm glad you talked him down and helped him feel better.

Best wishes with the next session. I hope it goes as well as this last one.

*hugs*

littlezen said...

It sounds like the first session went great!

battynurse said...

Thank you for the award.