Sunday, May 09, 2010

Catch up

I live a very boring life. I'm the first to admit it, wish it were more but I think with more comes drama, drama I don't need.

Last week I went to my first Zumba class, however was not what I expected. In the end I realised it was my mistake. Should have realised that Zumba/FB is not one or the other but a combination of the 2 in 1 class : I was a little disappointed in the instructor as there were more than myself that this was the first class we had attended and there was "no show of hands of who has not done the class before" question asked just straight into it. I had taken my niece Mandy with me and I think I've said before she is lets say well over 100kilos, exercise is not something she is used to.

Then after about 45 minutes we were told to get a barbell and put 2.5 kilos on each side, neither of us had used these clips to hold on a weight before and Mandy had one fly off whilst in mid air. They was no showing us how to put these on, no correcting of technique, no asking if there were any injuries, just straight in. I found that less than amusing. I didn't complain to management as you only pay $3.30 per class, this is probably why they wouldn't really care. Although they would still be liable in there gym I guess, maybe I should call.....

So other than that burst of energy, I really haven't been doing much except some yard projects and working. I've become perm part time at my job which is good I guess, Daz has been healthy for the most part, still waiting for a new operation date for his heart, I have to fix up some female bits and pieces. The adoption assessment is still going on. I think they are trying and succeeding in doing my head in.

Well better go and wake Daz up and get ourselves into gear for the mothers day thing.

Happy Mothers Day to all you mothers out there.........

No comments: