Monday, August 06, 2007

Where did it go?

I've been looking really hard for it, under the bed, behind the couch, in the cupboard but its nowhere to be found. Have you seen it?

I'm looking for my mojo......................... since my flip out with my niece being pregnant, and I mean literally since then which is over a week ago now, I have lost my momentum for my diet and exercise.

I know that I can not worry about other people and what happens with them or not with me and I should just keep peddling but it has done my head in. I understand that I am an emotional eater and even though I can see that, I can't get past, around or over it.

I have been getting comments from work about how I am looking slimmer which start to light the fire but still no ongoing flames. I think I have been through this before and some kind ladies told me to 'just get on with it' but you know what, why?

I know that I want to be slim and not see my pear shape body looking back at me in the mirror, I know that I want to be that girl I can still see in photo's from only 20 years ago who was happy to be photographed in bikini's. I don't even like to be photographed from the neck up at the moment unless I have creative editing. So why do we find it so darn hard to just do it?

I generally love to read every ones blogs for inspiration and even that is letting me down at the moment as there is only maybe 1 or 2 of you 'exercise/daily life' posting lately, oh My god, here I go now blaming you guys for my lazy arse, I should quit while I'm ahead.

-----------------------------------------
Update: have just completed lower body weights - back on the horse :-P

3 comments:

Kristy said...

Sue great job on getting back on the horse and completing lower body workout.

Question - Is there any walking or running events in your area that you can enter...? They are lots of fun and really give you another reason to train. As I am training for a 12 km run I find I work harder and longer because I have a goal. Maybe have a look and see what you can find.

btw sorry about the blog thing. Sometimes it is hard to think of something to say...

Your doing well Sue and YES you will get to your goal no matter how long it takes. So far I have been exercising and eating corretly now for over 2 years and I am still not at goal, but I know one day I will be there...

Debstar said...

I found your mojo. It's under my bed choking on dust bunnies. I'll mail it back to you OK?

Seriously though just hang in there, you've had a rotten time of it lately and it is difficult when life feels like it is spinning out of control.

Well done on doing the weights, at least you haven't chucked in the exercise completely. As for why.....well when you're not feeling so down you'll know its all about feeling good about yourself.

*sending you a big cyber hug*

Unknown said...

Oh dear- not getting much inspiration from me lately! Sue- you're going through lots of stuff at the moment. Be kind on yourself and don't give up but just sort of jog along with the diet and exercise if you can. Sometimes I think we need to just keep simmering until we can muster up the motivation to stir up again. Emotional stuff can be draining.
All the best with in and to be honest I think you are doing a great job even posting on here and keeping your hand in it.