Tuesday, August 25, 2009

hypnotherapy

I was thinking today about undertaking hypnotherapy for weight loss. Has anyone done this in the past or know of anyone who has done it? I called today to check the price and number of sessions required which was $95 (goes for about an hour) and takes about 3 sessions, done once a week or every second week depending on the person and then only if you fell like you need it. Of course they said it was highly effective, but that's something I would expect them to say. Couldn't imagine them saying, 'oh yeah come along and give us money but don't expect any changes'. I guess I won't know if it will work unless I give it a go.

3 comments:

Kristy said...

Mum and I did one, it worked for her and not for me. It was only one session and then he gave you a tape to listen to everyday. I got annoyed being told what to do, but Mum loved it. Also she wasn't working at the time so anytime she was tempted to eat she would go and listen to the tape.

I am sure it probably depends on the person as hypnotherapy doesn't work for everyone... It would be interesting to know if they give you a cd or anything to listen to...

Chelle said...

My dad is a certified hypnotherapist. He used to practice as a side job for fun a few years back. He would help people lose weight and quit smoking. The only thing I can say is that it will only work if you are completely open to it. I know he has used it with me to help me get through some rough patches in my life, and when I am receptive, it really does work.

Kek said...

I know of a few people who've used it to give up smoking or for other reasons and they've all had success to some degree.

Anything's worth a try - apart from dodgy shakes anyway. :o)