Saturday, August 01, 2009

The end of life the way Dazza knew of it

That's right poor sad and sorry for himself Daz woke up at 4.30am Thursday morning in extreme pain. Me being the loving sympathetic wife that I am, just told him to quit moaning and take some Buscopan. A little after 5am, we jumped into the car and off to the hospital we go.

After arriving, Daz right on queue started throwing up, straight in we went, after him bitching and moaning in emergency they gave him some morphine and then he was quiet. Me thinking that he's going to be here for a while after they draw blood, do an ECG, send for X-ray and put up fluid's, goes home as I left my dogs in the house and the cats are still locked in the bedroom. I go home, call his work, do the dishes, have a coffee and a shower, drop off his invoice to his work for payment, make my way back to the hospital, don't think I'm mean, he was asleep on the morphine anyway, and he's up, dressed and ready to go.

It appears at some point they tell him he has Gallstones. It also appears that they have found something on his 2 ECG's that they want him to have checked. They suspect him to have Wolfe-Parkinson White Syndrome so now we have a trip to a Cardiologist to look forward to in about 2 weeks. I don't know if he has it or not, I'm siding on not, but best to be checked.

He also have to have the gallstones confirmed by an ultrasound in about 2 weeks also. Because he is scared of the thought of going through that pain again he is really getting worried about what he can eat. This is a problem for a meat and fried food freak that he is, it appears that fatty food can bring on an attack. I looked up a few diets for gallstones and all show only vegetables! No meat at all. He is going to die on this diet. He even requested Subway instead of pizza last night.

If anyone has any experience with either of these issues, can you please let me know by leaving me a comment, I would really appreciate it.

1 comment:

Kristy said...

Ouch I have heard gallstones are very painful. Two weeks is a long time to wait too.

Me switching to a vegetarian diet I have found lots of delicious foods to eat. Indian dishes are fantastic with all the spices, but not sure if that would be very good for his condition.

I hope he is feeling better soon Sue.

I hope your job hunting is going ok and I sure hope you find something soon. Good luck :)