Thursday, November 05, 2009

Dilemma??????????

I have a dilemma ................ I have 2 jobs.

Let me start by saying I don't generally like to work in the best circumstances but now even though only working a few shifts at my 2nd job which is in retail, I don't think I want it anymore.

My dilemma

  1. Daz is about to go in for 1 of 2 operations and he won't be getting paid
  2. But that means he will need someone to look after him when he is home from the hospital but I will be either at both jobs or be too tired after working 2 jobs!
  3. It also means I could end up off sick at my first job because I am someone who gets physically sick when I am over tired
  4. I was hired as a Christmas casual which means if I wait too long to tell them I don't want their job it leaves them stuck for staff in the busiest time.
  5. A big part of it is that I am lazy
  6. But I can probably get more hours at my first job if I need to make more money as well
  7. The first job has a higher pay rate by $9 p/h but the 2nd has 40% off clothing

I just don't know what to do. Daz's operation is on the 17th of this month but today he has his pre-op examination and he is getting bad pains which could mean that he may end up staying in the hospital or having to go back tonight anyway and have emergency surgery.

I'm meant to work tonight at the 2nd job after going to the first but am also worried about Daz who is going for the pre-op when I am finishing my first but before I go to my 2nd. I really don't want to go to the 2nd job but feel I am letting them done, even though I won't really see them again except for when I am making a purchase.


What do you think I should do?

No comments: