Sunday, November 08, 2009

I'm so proud of me

You won't believe it but I actually had the dogs sleep outside last night. That's right ALL 3 of them. I'm not going to lie, it was hard to go to bed knowing that they were out there. But I did it. It killed me to see little Miss Becky's face through the security sliding door but I walked away.

It did result in me having a more restful sleep last night though which is good because for the last week my sleep has been CRAPOLA. I even woke up at 6am and I mean woke up, rested!

Did the normal shopping thing with mum yesterday, got me a bargain I did. I decided to buy everyone a gift for Christmas this year which I might have already mentioned and since one of my nephews would like some car seat cover, thought that would make a good gift for 2 other nephews who are all into the Aussie thing, even have a tattoo of the Australian flag on their arms, so went to Kmart hoping to see if they had the seat covers and how much they would be.

I was looking, looking and low and behold, there was a 9 piece pack, front seats x 2, front mats x 2, back mats x 2, seat belts strap covers x 2, and steering wheel cover x 1 = $57.99. Imagine my surprise when I come across the same set but as a 10 piece pack with all of the above plus a air freshener = $25?????? Here I am, back and forth between the labels, maybe its a different fabric? Nope same fabric, maybe there's something wrong with the labels? I read them carefully, nope reads right, get another nephew to go and scan it (their good for leg work those nephews) and it scans at $25. Right I'll have 3 of them, but of course my luck can't run that good as there is only 1, but the girl tells me that there's 5 at another Kmart, I went there that night (open 24hrs) and there's only pink! Sue the boys would love that.

So today will be a look for another 2 sets, probably at another Kmart plus I have to look for something 'Fox' for another nephew........... but I think I will be able to pick up the car seat covers, mum's new handbag and the Fox stuff all at one location which will be excellent.

2 comments:

Kristy said...

Sue great job on the bargain find. I love a good bargain. Why not pink? You never know they may secretly love the colour

Chelle said...

I love it when I find deals like that. I bet it totally made your day. I know it would mine, but maybe I'm just silly that way. Awesome find!