Thursday, January 20, 2011

Its a nice feeling

It truly does feel good when someone tells you that you have inspired them isn't it?

I have a friend at work you has been listening to me talking about the plan and the fact that we finally put freddie treadie back in his place for me to get physical, physical, I wanna get physical....... anyway, well we both said at the same time "the biggest loser is about to start again so we need to be on our 'treadie' while watching'. Well I said treadie, she was thinking Elliptical Cross Trainer cause she has a bung knee or hip or something. So the friend now wants to do a challenge with said equipment. This should be interesting, not sure what we can do, I thought about the miles completed, she's thinking % weight or something.

Anyway, and then she inspired me, cause I didn't know that she volunteered at a No Kill animal shelter! I love it. I think I wouldn't be able to do it because my heart would break every day but you know what, I think I want to. Its call Pets Haven and isn't too far from me. She stated today she got a call to arms for 50 dogs that they have just rescued from a suspected puppy mill, they are all different types of breeds, and she has decided to take a Saint Bernard, because as she states, no one ever wants the huge dog. She is just fostering it at the moment, but there are many more that need homes. Sadly she told me that there are more that they couldn't save and the RSPCA were going to have to go and euthanize the remaining animals. I can't even imagine the sadness of having to do that but it can't be a barrel of laughs living in the conditions of a puppy mill either.

So other than all the inspiration going around here, the plan as been going well, the appetite is coming back which is good, means that I can follow the plan better. Mum's home from the hospital and things are getting back to normal here, and of course all of the talk at her place about people pulling their weight stopped as soon as she walked back in the door. Geez they make me freakin mad down there, but there really isn't anything I can do about it.

I just breath.....

2 comments:

Life as a Caterpillar said...

So pleased to hear your Mum is doing better Sue

Sounds like you've had a busy week!

xx
lesley

Polar's Mom said...

Glad to hear that Mom is home! And I love hearing other tell me that they are trying to lose weight. I think just my effort has inspired them, or they are scared of now becoming the fattest person in the lab! I totally think you should do the no kill shelter fostering or volunteering! That is the only kind of place I could ever volunteer at, since if it was a kill shelter I would feel like I HAD to take them home or else!!
Good for you for rolling with the plan and kicking butt!

Polar's Mom
www.polarspage.blogspot.com