Thursday, April 19, 2007

Out go the scales

So I have decided not to weigh myself any longer! I will no longer be a slave to the digital.

I seem to be addicted to the bathroom scales but I don't seem to be able to get rid of them. Every week my mother comes over and weighs herself and refuses to take them home with her but expects me to keep them at my house. Would she expect if I was a drunk to keep booze at my house for her to have a drink on a Saturday??? I don't think so. But these scales are my addiction. I tell myself, don't do it today but like a little dirty secret, I jump on them behind closed doors before my shower. I kick myself everyday if I don't see a change.......... imagine my horror when they increase, even by a 100grams.

So I am going to enlist my husband Daz to take the battery out and hide it. Even if I beg and plead, he is not to give it back to me. I know I'm too lazy to buy another one so that should solve my problem............ for now.

1 comment:

Kek said...

Try to remember that the scales do NOT measure your value as a person, Sue.

I think getting rid of them is a good idea - at least for a while anyway.