Saturday, June 30, 2007

I just don't know what to do with myself...

So after my whinge on my other blog about giving up, in my head, its appears to be more of a challenge than it should be. How hard is it to give up on something that you probably did half heartily anyway. Hard apparently. I still find myself looking at the gym timetable but never go, I withdrew my cancellation of gym membership, cause you just don't know when you might want to use it, although you know that you have only been donating for about 8 months! I really need to do something. I buy stuff for training at home and never use it. My God, how will I snap out of this funk I have found myself in???? When will the commitment bug bite me. When is enough enough?

I need friends, someone I can call on to train with, someone who will get my butt off the couch. Everyone that I think I can call have kids now, no one that can just drop everything to go for a walk or the gym or anything for that matter. Where do I find these people that are like me. Where?

2 comments:

LizN said...

Dear Sue

I answered your Cathe questions on my blog.

For any sort of success you must level with yourself, put your game face on and get tough. Mollycoddling and feeling sorry for yourself won't get you across the line (I know it sounds harsh, but I have SOOO been there), but intention and action will.

Cheers
Liz N

Kek said...

Sue, what do you LIKE to do? Is there a class you enjoy, or some other activity that
s really fun? You have to find things that you can stick with for a start.

Motivation doesn't just happen. It's a combination of havng a goal you really want and then being determined enough to work towards it.

You can't let other things get in the way - no time, no-one to train with, etc, etc. Those are just excuses. Everyone has their own obstacles, you just have to figure out how to get around them.

Make a start today. Get off the couch and do something, anything. I'm sure the gym's open...